The Talon

Warning: seniors

Back to Article
Back to Article

Warning: seniors

Seniors, remember, YOU WILL WALK ACROSS THAT STAGE!  -Salofi

Seniors, remember, YOU WILL WALK ACROSS THAT STAGE! -Salofi

Salofi Jackson, Reporter

Over the course of my four years at Freedom High School I have learned many valuable lessons. I have learned who to trust and who not to trust, and when I should play around and when I need to buckle own on my academics. Senior year is a very significant year in anyone’s life because it sets the bar of success and excellence to be reached, but from personal experience, I know that there are many things you should not do during your senior year. During your senior year you should not get absorbed in your social life, neglect your education, or give up.

During your senior year it is vital that you not get absorbed in your social life. Friends will come and go and you will learn that the ones who stay are the ones who will ride til the end for you. Friends will always be there so worrying about your education should always be the first priority. It is very easy to get caught up in your social life because it seems to be more fun and exciting than school. The fact of the matter is, excelling in your academics proves to be more beneficial in the end than it is when you are absorbed in non-scholastic activity.

Neglecting your education while you are a senior would be an immense mistake. I learned that, although you have made it to senior year, you still need to be fully committed to you academics. Disregarding your obligations to complete your class work can still result in bringing your GPA down and could result in complications while trying to get into college. During senior year, there is a disease that is very real. It is known as “Senioritis”. Symptoms of senioritis include: not doing work, turning in work late, and, in some cases, skipping class. It is very important to stay on top of your academics.

Lastly, you should never give up. Senior year can get very stressful at times and it will seem like it will never end, but you just have to continue to push through it all. Senior year will be tough, but you have to see the light at the end of the tunnel, which is GRADUATION. You have waited four years to walk across the stage and receive a piece of paper, and now is not the time to slack. Just continue to strive for better and senior year will be a breeze.

All in all, senior year will come and go before you know it and you have to be prepared. Remember that when you begin your senior year you should not get absorbed in your social life, neglect your education, or give up. While senior year may seem to be hard, you can do it and you will succeed.